Pages

Saturday 11 February 2012

DIY Green Jeans

Sorry its been a while since my last post. Things have been pretty busy here.

Anyway... I was bored with my really old grey jeans,
( I got them second hand from my friend Amy in the first place.)
They are stained and show every bit of dirt so I decided to dye them a darker and more exciting colour.
What you need... Dylon or some other clothing dye, Salt, marigolds, an old washing up bowl, a jug for measuring and newspaper. This isn't the first time I have dyed clothes, the first time I got little specks of dye on the work top. not very noticeable but they are there so newspaper is essential!

Mid dye, it looks very dark. 
Don't panic,  I do like that colour, but it is not what I was going for.
It is OK though Dye looks a lot darker than it comes out.
A couple of hours soaking, a rinse in the washing machine and a day drying =
An awkward and cold pose wearing GREEN JEANS!!! They are a little brighter than this in real life but you get the idea. the stains are now hidden and they add some extra colour to my wardrobe.




2 comments:

  1. Well done Em - you are just so clever domestically, Jamie must wonder what he had for a Mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I would have never thought about dying jeans!

    ReplyDelete