Pages

Monday 23 April 2012

An attempt at walking the Sandstone Trail


 
 My friends Rachel, Alison and I tried to walk the Sandstone trail this weekend.
The Sandstone trail according to www.sandstonetrail.com,

"is one of the finest and most popular long distance walks in North West England, in the UK. For many, it’s probably the best Cheshire walk and the ultimate Cheshire Way."

It is 34 Miles long and covers different bits of countryside, including a bit of canal tow path, some great hills with brilliant views, small pathways and crosses lots of fields. (we came uncomfortably close to some cows. They are quite intimidating close up!)


 The trail is well sign posted so we didn't even need to use our map. 
Unfortunately after about 10 miles my hip started to hurt so for 8 miles I must have started walking differently so by the time we got to Rachel's car at Beeston Castle at the end of day one my knee on the same leg was very tight. After resting for a few hours and working out just how stiff my leg had become. We decided it would be wise to put off walking the second half of the trail until another day. I'm quite gutted. but looking forward to finishing the trail at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment