Pages

Thursday 5 April 2012

Becnicks Wonder Emporium

First a quick update, the spare room has worked really well! Jamie's parentals slept in it and i stayed in my bed! We had a good time, we went for a couple of good days out, we went to the Museum of Science and Industry it was great especially because it is the Easter holiday and there were people giving demonstrations etc. We also went on the now obligitary trip to Chirk Castle.

We are going to Spring Harvest today, I'm really not sure what to expect, many people who have been there say it will be fantastic. So hopefully I will have good things to report when I get back to you on Wednesday.
 
I am also looking forward to going clothes shopping next week! I think I have benefited from my Lenten fast  from buying clothes. Apart from saving money I have also been looking at my clothes differently and getting dressed has been a bit more of an adventure. Also because I haven't been buying in to the fashion culture as much my confidence has been greater, I'm not sure of the effect on my relationship with God because I am always working to be a better disciple and am hoping to become more like Christ as I live and grow, but a concerted effort to seek to walk closer to God will must be good!

So back to the post title! Becnicks Wonder Emporium is a wonderful vintage and retro shop, in Brooke street in Chester.
Unlike many vintage shops it is approachable and very reasonably priced.
 They also hold some great events.
 Needless to say I am a big fan!  

 This is probably my favourite display. I LOVE beautiful teacups!

 They have a great selection of clothes, house things, and bits and bobs. 
I could spend hours browsing!



I really like this frame with lovely butterflies.
 I'm hoping Jamie will have got me something like this for Easter - I'm not a huge fan of chocolate, but I am a fan of pretty things!

 I wish you many blessings for the Easter bank holiday weekend and I pray that over this special and massively important Christian holiday you may know and grow closer to Christ.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool place! Look forward to paying it a visit :)

    ReplyDelete