Pages

Monday 21 May 2012

I've started "Running"

So this is one of those- If I put it on my blog I have to do it- posts.
I have started going for irregular runs recently and even though it is a bit of a chore, (I hate having to shower and change more than I need to- Is that gross?) I have so far enjoyed it

Let me clarify exactly what I mean when I say "running". 
The last thing I want is for someone to get the wrong idea... By running I mean- jogging for a few minutes, getting a stitch, walking briskly whilst trying to stop myself hyperventilating then repeat over and over for as long as I can deal with - then hobble home. (I don't go far from home, just in case I want to give up after two minutes)

I would also like to point out that I have NEVER been good at running. At school I always got out of the cross country race, my friends and I did win the relay a few times because I had 3 good friends that were brilliant runners and they made up for my slow amble.

This is a 30 before 30 post because I am aiming to run in a 10k race. I have no idea which one, There is one in Winsford on the 28th October but we are considering going to Morocco, (which I have decided is going to be my 30th 30 before 30) or somewhere just as exciting during October half term so we may be out of the country (what a shame!) Another reason I am unsure about when or where I am going to run is i don't know if I am going to improve quickly or not...

 I will keep you updated on my progress. 

3 comments:

  1. Why not try out the Couch to 5k podcasts (they're on itunes somewhere) I'll be starting week 8 tomorrow and going from someone who couldn't run the 1min segments in the first week to running 28mins non stop...just a suggestion.
    Best of luck and hope that you start to enjoy the running a bit more too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow that is amazing! i will get on it, thanks for the advice.

      Delete
  2. I wish you all the best. I felt great when i started going to the gym. Will need to get back into the routine when I get back. Not feeling very fit travelling. Could be the heat or all the good food either way not doing much exercise here :)

    ReplyDelete