Pages

Thursday 20 December 2012

#ThankfulThursday getting excited

Firstly I am sorry for the radio silence recently, time has been filled with Christmas dooo's, (three in three days was a bit much last weekend) work and preparing for our trip to Cambodia.

Secondly (clears throat)- This is a public service announcement, all of my posts for the next three weeks/month will be about Cambodia and will be very sporadic. I should be able to keep you all up dated with our adventures but don't panic if I don't check in too often, I am hoping to be busy either helping, teaching, outreaching, shopping, eating, playing, swimming, hanging with Jane and Greg or reading/sunbathing. (I have never before had the luxury of a winter tan -(I am going to be really careful in the sun, we have 4 different types of sun cream, but no matter how much sun cream I usually get some tan))

So this is meant to be a #ThankfulThursday post so lets get back to that...

I am thankful that I have the luxury of going to Cambodia, and that I have had a few months to get so excited about it! When I was growing up, every holiday we went on my Dad impressed on us how great it is to look forward to something and that the run up to the holiday is almost half of the holiday.

So now getting excited about holidays is something I am quite good at.

I will sign off with a few of the items on our today list for tomorrow:

Pack
Deliver Pigwidgeon (our hamster) to Rachel's (official Hamster sitter for the Christmas period) house
Use up/ give away perishable food
Clean the house (I like to return to a clean house, it makes coming home less stressful)
Clean the fish tank
Attend Christmas Soiree (I actually wrote that)

There are many more things on the list but you are probably already bored.
Sorry this post is a little rambling, has no picture or specific point and has many ().

Merry Christmas
x

No comments:

Post a Comment